Week 4&5 went of really well.
- Firstly after huge amount of discussions we finalised the Navier-Stokes solver and have started development on it.
- In parallel, working on the coupled convective-diffusive problem that I have selected: Laminar Heat Transfer to a Steady Couette Flow
between parallel plates. Where first the Navier Stokes Equation will be solved to determine the velocity and pressure field and then that will be used to determine the temperature field using the Energy Equation.
- I have also added new examples:
- Steady Axial convection and diffusion in parabolic flow with maximum velocity U in an insulated pipe.
- Also benchmarked our solver based on the four cases mentioned in the paper Laminar Heat Transfer to a Steady Couette Flow
between parallel Plates
- Case A
- Case B
- Case C
- Case D
Except for one plot in Case D (Psi = 0.200) all other graphs obtained were in accordance with the paper.
Commit - Link
This week I will focus on obtaining the result of coupling the equations.